-
August 3rd, 2002, 02:26 AM
#1
Inactive Member
For the few NYC tri-state area residents here among us, I have a question.
I recently bought 3 Kodachrome carts, each with the prepaid mailer from Kodak on 31st street. This was my first time buying directly from them, and also the first time I've ever bought film w/prepaid mailer. In the past I've either purchased from PAC-LAB, B&H or PROFOTO.
So I shoot one cartridge entirely and bring it to them. I wanna make sure I send it to the right place since apparently the mailer is outdated. The gentleman behind the counter provided me with the Fair Lawn, NJ address and their customer service hotline number.
So I sent it to them.
A few days later, I call Fair Lawn to check the film's status. I give the rep my 7 digit number. She says there must be a mistake because there should only be 6 digits. I check my remaining 2 Kodachrome cartridges - 7 digits. So, the rep tells me they can't find my film. I called back again like two days after that - again, nothing. But they put a "trace" on it for the next 30 days. If by then it still doesn't turn up, I can maybe get a free cartridge.
So my footage is in limbo.
Possible explanations:
-post office screw-up
-outdated mailer
-sent to wrong address
The third is unlikely. It's probably the outdated mailer.
Anyone go throught the same thing or am I just an idiot who doesn't know how to mail film?
p.s.
I'm sure the video enthusiasts will have something to say to this. A waste of time it will be.
-
August 3rd, 2002, 01:10 PM
#2
Inactive Member
I have sent in mailers from 20 years ago and they still work. Kodak doesn't care what "year" they are from--As long as it got to Fair Lawn all should be well. Should be that is. I think your film will come back fine. Give it some time. Good Luck
-
August 3rd, 2002, 04:36 PM
#3
Inactive Member
I just slapped some stamps on them and sent them to Fair Lawn.
Good Luck
-
August 4th, 2002, 03:35 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Thanks. That is reassuring. The reason I was concerned for the outdated mailer is that the guy behind the counter actually told me there are plans to update it in the near future.
Let me ask you, Nigel, do you (or did you) just slap on some stamps and drop it in the mail yourself? Or, hand it over to KMART, or some other similar developing place, where they send it out with the rest of their stuff?
And, have you experienced this discrepancy in the mailer number digits?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks